First of all, what are toll-free numbers? What are their uses, benefits and advantages? And most importantly, how to choose from numerous providers out there?
What is a Toll Free Number?
A toll free number is a number starting with 800, 888, 877, 866 or 855 codes, using which the customers make calls to the company completely free of charge, because the company takes the call expenses upon itself. While in the majority of cases phone calls to these companies would still be free for the customers, in some cases they are not. This leads to the aspect of corporate responsibility to provide all existing and potential customers with maximum tools to receive excellent customer service, and bigger companies tend to take up this responsibility more often.
Uses, Benefits and Advantages
One of the benefits of 800 numbers is that they can be easily remembered if carefully chosen by the company. Phone numbers married to company names range anywhere from extremely easy to remember, such as 1-800-TACO-BELL, to extremely difficult to forget, such as 1-800-TAX-FORM, and sometimes just plain funny like 1-800-4-YOUR-BRA. This also significantly decreases the number of possible misdials. Another benefit of providing an 800 number for your customers is the increase of credibility that the 800 numbers bring about, especially dealing with prospective customers at their first point of contact with the company. An 800 number is perceived as nationwide, even if the company operates only in one city or state. And nationwide means credible. This leads to the customer’s increased trust and eagerness to make a reliable investment.
How to choose your provider?
You will ask, ok, what difference does the provider make? A number is still a number, right? Wrong. It’s what additional features the providers offer that makes a big difference. A few things to remember before committing to a toll free number (not that you can’t change it, but to save the hustle).
- While choosing a provider, pay attention to the selection of numbers they provide.
- The per-minute charges are going to be your main expenses. The more calls you get, the more conversions and sales you will get, but the accrued phone bills at the end of the month can be pretty expensive as well.
- See what extras the providers can offer you, such as tracking, analytics, etc.
- If you are a global company or you plan to go global anytime soon, see if international calls are supported as well.
- Whether those are 800 numbers you provide on your website or a handicap ramp you place at the entrance of your business building, it’s all a matter of making it easier for your customers to make investment in your company’s future.
Check out our Toll Free Online Calling Widget
- an intelligent online calling solution that allows anyone online to make an HD call, without downloading a unique app or joining a network. Calls can be made from a desktop, laptop, smart phone, or even a tablet. And TRY IT FOR FREE HERE